The final stop of the Necker Cup Beach Tennis Series will go through New York City! The NYC Beach Tennis Shootout will be held in the heart of the city and offer free entertainment for everyone involved!
- Thursday, August 21 at Pier 25 in New York City
- Views of Statue of Liberty and the new World Trade Center
- Free to the Public
- Help raise money for charity
- Opportunity to meet world class tennis stars
- All Matches will be a 9 game pro set with a tiebreaker at 8 all
- 15 mixed doubles pro teams with 1 sponsor qualifying team
In addition to watching the best Beach Tennis players in the world and having the opportunity to meet some of the US Open tennis stars, children will also have the opportunity to join in free beach tennis clinics!
- Fun for all
- Opportunity for children to learn for free
- Music and games
- Free use of paddles and balls
- Great event for the entire family!
Sponsor Qualifying Tournament
- 8:45am – Check-in
- 9:00am – 10:30am – Tournament
* Shortened matches and possibly tiebreakers depends on the quantity of teams that sign up.
NYC Necker Cup Beach Tennis Shootout
- 10:30am – Check-in
- 11:00am – Tournament Begins
- Not Before 5:00pm – Semi Finals
- 6:00pm – Exhibition with top 4 leading Necker Point Series Mens Players
- 6:30pm – Finals
NYC Necker Cup Beach Tennis Party
Free Cocktails & Hors’ Deurves with entertainment by DJ MEHOW
- 8:30pm – Board the Yacht
- 8:45pm – Cast Off
- 11:30pm – Return
*This event is by invitation only
Enjoy spending time with Sir Richard Branson and top ATP/WTA players. Previous players have included Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Tommy Hass, Boris Becker, Stefan Edberg, John McEnroe, Martina Navratilova, Ana Ivanovic, Marion Bartoli, the Bryan Brothers and more!
- Best two Beach Tennis players in the world to challenge two Top ATP Players
- Opportunity to attend the Necker Cup
- Daily access to Necker Island
- Chance to play a Beach Tennis exhibition against the top tennis stars
- 2 nights/3 days accommodations at Biras Creek Resort
- All meals and drinks included
Premier Tennis and the Necker Cup are excited to work with Beach Tennis USA and select Beach Tennis events around the world, to create the first ever Necker Cup Beach Tennis Point Series.
- Fort Myers, New York City, Bermuda, Puerto Rico, Aruba, and Hermosa will be selected with participants earning points based on their performance
- Points will be accumulated throughout the year
- Final tournament will be held in NYC on August 21st.
- Year 1 will be a men’s only event
- The team with the most points earns an all inclusive trip to the Necker Cup!
All donations from the event goes to Manhattan Youth, Virgin Unite and the National Tennis Foundation. With your help, we can make a difference.
Beach tennis is a sport that combines the best of tennis and beach volleyball, resulting in a fast-paced and exciting game. It can be played both competitively and recreationally and because it’s so simple to play, it appeals to athletes and non-athletes of all ages.
- Two players per team
- One hit per side
- The ball cannot hit the sand
- Regulation paddles and balls
- 8-game match with no-ad scoring
- Net height is 5 feet 6.75 inches
“So much fun, I don’t want to stop playing!”
– Meredith Vieira, NBC’s Today Show
“This is the type of beach sport American has been waiting for”
Heidi Jones, WABC
CW11 Morning News
“This sport gives you the most amazing workout… It’s so much fun!”
Linda Church, CW11 Morning News
“This will be an Olympic sport before you know it.”
Deb Placey, MSG Network
“How do you beat this? I love this game.”
Mike Hegedus, CNBC
About the National Tennis Foundation
The National Tennis Foundation (NTF), a nationally recognized charitable organization, has become a leading advocate for exceptional student athletes regardless of race or economic means. The NTF serves to elevate these players to grow and succeed on the court and in life by providing access to world-class academic and training programs.
Manhattan Youth Recreation and Resources, Inc. provides the highest quality childcare and after-school programs plus academic, recreational and cultural activities for children, families and individuals who live or work in Lower Manhattan, regardless of income. Our programs stimulate, challenge and strengthen children, teens, adults, seniors and families. Our services respond to the needs of our community; we are the only community-based organization serving these needs in Lower Manhattan.
Renowned as the financial center of the world, Lower Manhattan is rarely celebrated as the vital community of families, babies, toddlers and children of all ages that it is. Moreover, the well-being of our families is vital to the well-being of Lower Manhattan; to the office towers, large corporations, hundreds of small businesses, increasing numbers of cultural attractions and, by extension, to our city and nation. While average family income here is high, averages mask the extreme range of incomes and the needs of many Lower Manhattan families – needs that predate the devastation of 9/11, and that have grown since.
About Virgin Unite
We unite great people and entrepreneurial ideas, reinventing how we live and work to help make people’s lives better. We believe business can and must be a force for good in the world – and that this is also good for business!